As you are probably aware of, California is currently in a drought
But this is not just any ordinary drought, as all of California is currently experiencing drought-like conditions for the first time in 15 years.
According to the drought monitor released by the National Climatic Data Center, it showed that the entire state is under moderate drought conditions, with 24 percent under “exceptional dryness.”
Several communities have begun to ration and restrict water usage in hopes to preserve water.
If your community has put you under a water restriction plan, you need to oblige. If you don’t, you could face major financial penalties.
If you are not under a water restriction, it is still the right thing to do to try and conserve as much water as you can. Sometimes a little water saved can go a long way, especially if everyone is doing a part in the conservation effort.
Here are some tips to help you conserve water and not only help put your community, but in the future help out your water bill!
Water Conservation Tips: Indoor:
- Use the washing machine for full loads only to save water and energy
- Washing dark clothes in cold water saves water and energy, and helps your clothes retain their color
- Run the dishwasher only when full to save water and energy
- Dishwashers typically use less water than washing dishes by hand
- Take five minute showers
- Turn water off when brushing teeth or shaving
- A bathtub can use up to 70 gallons of water, so showering is the way to go
- In some areas, 50% or more of the water we use daily goes on lawns and outdoor landscaping.
- Water early in the morning or later in the evening
- Overwatering is one of the most common mistakes people make.
- Invest in a weather-based irrigation controller
- Use a broom to clean driveways, sidewalks and patios.
All Valley RV
How about some rain!?
We hope rain comes soon, but in the mean time, if you take these tips and use them in your daily life, you will be shocked at how much water we use, as well as how much we can save.
If you are looking to get out of dry California, do so in an RV from All Valley RV Center
We offer several top of the line new
RVs for you to choose from, as well as a top notch service department
that is ready to assist you with anything you might need!
Stop by our dealership today or give us a call at (661) 269-4800.